Automated Reporting to Linux
RPGeezus
2003-10-23 17:41:23 UTC
Hey all,

Anyone know if it's easy to automate the generation of certain reports from
OS/400 and have them sent directly to a Samba server?

If so, what would you suggest I try?
Larry T
2003-10-23 18:57:12 UTC

Our OctoPDF with RPM Select, commercial software, might be just what
you could use. Please give us a call at 978 535-7676 to discuss your
issues and potential solutions.

Thanks,

Larry and Murray at JBM Systems 978 535-7676
Dr. Ugo Gagliardelli
2003-10-27 12:41:10 UTC
Post by RPGeezus
Hey all,
Anyone know if it's easy to automate the generation of certain reports from
OS/400 and have them sent directly to a Samba server?
If so, what would you suggest I try?
Linux samba server is supported on iSeries from V5R2 (maybe V5R1, not sure).
Assuming iSeries Netserver is configured and running, you only need to put IFS
files into the samba exported directory, the "mount point" (let's say) in os400
ifs would be /QNTC/sambaname/exportedpathname you have the chance to create
/QNTC/sambaname with MD os400 command and copy your IFS files with COPY os400
command.
If you're not able to access samba server you can access the same linux path via
NFS with exportfs command on linux side and MOUNT os400 command on iseries side
to setup, and COPY os400 command as well.
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside
Spamers iros a la mierda/Spamers allez vous faire foutre
Spammers loop schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker
Andi Goering
2003-10-27 19:47:39 UTC
RPGeezus,

on the more physical/logical connection issues I think Udo gave a
perfect hint.

An other issue is to convert the AS/400 Reports to a Linux-Readable
Format.

For this task we recommend use of a PDF Format converter (as i4Spool
from http://www.goering.de) or Excel converter (as iExcelGen also from
http://www.goering.de).

Best regards

Andreas Goering