License Question still getting grace period expires messages
t***@gmail.com
2008-06-03 00:00:31 UTC
After I entered my license key I still receive messages stating that
the grace period is going to expire.

Called the IBM keycenter and they confirmed that the passwords are
permanent.

I ran WRKLICINF with option 5 for product ID 5722SS1. The Key
Compliance Information is as follows:

Keyed compliance
information:
Expiration date . . . . . :
*NONE
Grace period . . . . . . :
70
Date grace period expires : *NONE

Does this mean that I will still receive grace period messages for 70
days and then nothing will happen because my Expiration Date is set to
NONE?

Thanks...
JHL
Thanks...
Dr.UgoGagliardelli
2008-06-03 09:32:41 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
After I entered my license key I still receive messages stating that
the grace period is going to expire.
Called the IBM keycenter and they confirmed that the passwords are
permanent.
I ran WRKLICINF with option 5 for product ID 5722SS1. The Key
Keyed compliance
*NONE
70
Date grace period expires : *NONE
Does this mean that I will still receive grace period messages for 70
days and then nothing will happen because my Expiration Date is set to
NONE?
Thanks...
As sw-key container can hold keys for products that are not currently
installed on your system, use DSPLICKEY command: Product, Processor
group and release must match what on WRKLICINF.
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside
t***@gmail.com
2008-06-03 15:23:06 UTC
On Jun 3, 2:32 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
Post by Dr.UgoGagliardelli
Post by t***@gmail.com
After I entered my license key I still receive messages stating that
the grace period is going to expire.
Called the IBM keycenter and they confirmed that the passwords are
permanent.
I ran WRKLICINF with option 5 for product ID 5722SS1.  The Key
Keyed compliance
*NONE
70
   Date grace period expires :   *NONE
Does this mean that I will still receive grace period messages for 70
days and then nothing will happen because my Expiration Date is set to
NONE?
Thanks...
As sw-key container can hold keys for products that are not currently
installed on your system, use DSPLICKEY command: Product, Processor
group and release must match what on WRKLICINF.
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside
schijten/Spammers macht Euch vom Acker/Spamerzy wypierdalac'- Hide quoted text -
Here is the operator message:
essage . . . . : Usage limit of 0 exceeded. Grace period expires in
62 days
on
08/03/08.
Cause . . . . . : You received this message for one of the
following

reasons:
-- A user was added, but the usage limit for product 5722JS1,
license term
V5R4M0, feature 5050, was exceeded. Users have until the specified
date (62
more days) to use this product. When this date is reached, the
grace period
expires and all users exceeding the usage limit are
released.
-- The evaluation period for product 5722JS1, license term
V5R4M0, feature
5050, is ending. Users have until the specified date (62 more days)
to use
this
product.
There are currently 1.00 uses for the local partition. There are
currently
.00 uses across all
partitions.
Recovery . . . : Contact your software provider to assist you in
receiving
a new license key.

WRKLICINF

Opt Product Term Feature
Description
5722SS1 V5R4M0 5050 i5/
OS
5722SS1 V5R4M0 5103 Media and Storage
Extensions
5722SS1 V5 5109 NetWare Enhanced
Integration
5722SS1 V5R4M0 5112 PSF 1-45 IPM Printer
Support
5722SS1 V5R4M0 5113 PSF 1-100 IPM Printer
Support
5722SS1 V5R4M0 5114 PSF Any Speed Printer
Support
5722SS1 V5R4M0 5116 HA Switchable Resources

DSPLICINF
Product ID . . . . . . . . :
5722SS1
License term . . . . . . . :
V5R4M0
Feature . . . . . . . . . . :
5050
Description . . . . . . . . : i5/
OS

Compliance type . . . . . . :
*KEYED
Usage type . . . . . . . . : *REGISTERED

Funny, I didn't see 5722JS1 anywhere....

Thanks
t***@gmail.com
2008-06-03 16:06:25 UTC
Post by Dr.UgoGagliardelli
Post by t***@gmail.com
After I entered my license key I still receive messages stating that
the grace period is going to expire.
Called the IBM keycenter and they confirmed that the passwords are
permanent.
I ran WRKLICINF with option 5 for product ID 5722SS1.  The Key
Keyed compliance
*NONE
70
   Date grace period expires :   *NONE
[...]
Thanks- Hide quoted text -
I did find 5722JS1 when I displayed the software resources. So, after
62 days I won't have Adv Job Scheduler capabilities?

5722JS1 *BASE 5050 Advanced Job Scheduler for
iSeries
5722JS1 *BASE 2924 Advanced Job Scheduler for iSeries
Dr.UgoGagliardelli
t***@gmail.com
2008-06-03 21:18:54 UTC
On Jun 3, 11:05 am, "Dr.UgoGagliardelli"
Post by t***@gmail.com
5722JS1   *BASE    5050    Advanced Job Scheduler for
iSeries
 5722JS1   *BASE    2924    Advanced Job Scheduler for iSeries
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside
Thanks you are a great help!!!

Tom
JHL
2008-06-04 02:41:27 UTC
if JS is installed it will generate the key message, even if not
used. if you are not using JS, then GO LICPGM and #12 to remove
it.

www.michsoft.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
5722JS1   *BASE    5050    Advanced Job Scheduler for
iSeries
 5722JS1   *BASE    2924    Advanced Job Scheduler for iSeries
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside
Thanks you are a great help!!!
Tom- Hide quoted text -
t***@gmail.com
2008-06-04 04:47:31 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
5722JS1   *BASE    5050    Advanced Job Scheduler for
iSeries
 5722JS1   *BASE    2924    Advanced Job Scheduler for iSeries
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside
Thanks you are a great help!!!
Tom- Hide quoted text -
Thanks JHL,

I will try this tomorrow morning.

Tom

Dr.UgoGagliardelli
2008-06-03 18:03:43 UTC
Post by Dr.UgoGagliardelli
Post by t***@gmail.com
After I entered my license key I still receive messages stating that
the grace period is going to expire.
Called the IBM keycenter and they confirmed that the passwords are
permanent.
I ran WRKLICINF with option 5 for product ID 5722SS1. The Key
Keyed compliance
*NONE
70
Date grace period expires : *NONE
[...]
Really funny as Job Scheduler should have been installed at least, if
you look at DSPSFWRSC do you see 5722JS1?
--
Dr.Ugo Gagliardelli,Modena,ItalyCertifiedUindoscrasherAñejoAlcoolInside